Welcome to the Packets2Photons Wiki, this page will contain the list of technical guides that I use in my work. I hope that they are useful to you in some way. If you enjoy or use any of this work, please check out my blog.
Technical Configuration Guides
- IoT Cisco LoRaWan Project
- Installation of Wireguard on Raspberry Pi
- Configuration of Wireguard
- Average CPU since inception
- Arch Linux Notes
- Arch Linux Install
- SSH Keys et al
- Testing TCP Congestion Control
- Basic UFW setup
- Linux Message of the Day
- Basic Server Hardening
- Obtaining a Certificate from Lets Encrypt
- Raspberry Pi and NFC
- Encrypting a directory on Linux
- Useful Bash Scripting notes
- Searching for files and text
- 2FA with SSH
- DNS Tunneling
- SSH Tunneling
- TSO GSO LRO GRO
- Raspberry Pi SDCard Longevity
- Flashing the Raspberry Pi with Raspbian
- Misc scripting
- Sending Ascii Images
- i2c_designware controller timed out
- Bluetooth Low Energy Scans
- Reducing Energy Consumption on the Raspberry Pi Zero
- Packet Tracer on Ubuntu
- Sound issues in Ubuntu
The list below is not a complete list of all my papers, but a chronological list of the papers where my involvement went significantly beyond supervising a student project. For a complete list, you can see my Google Scholar page: but the list below is more representative of my keen research interests and direction.
- D Murray, T Koziniec, S Zander, M Dixon, P Koutsakis, "An analysis of changing enterprise network traffic characteristics", 23rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), 1-6 2017,
- S Zander, D Murray, "Share or Not: Investigating the presence of Large-Scale address sharing in the internet", IEEE 42nd Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), 243-251", 2017,
- D Murray, T McGill, N Thompson, D Toohey, "Can learners become teachers? Evaluating the merits of student generated content and peer assessment", Issues in Informing Science & Information Technology 14, 21-34, 2017,
- D Murray, T Koziniec, M Dixon, K Lee, "Measuring the Reliability of 802.11 WiFi Networks", The Sixth International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications & Applications", 2015,
- D Murray, K Ong, "Experimental Evaluation of Congestion Avoidance", IEEE 29th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking & Applications, 2015,
- D Murray, "Why Internet Protocols Need Incentives", IEEE 29th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking, 2015
- D Murray, T Koziniec, T McGill, "Student Perceptions of Flipped Learning", 17th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2015)"
- D Murray, T Koziniec "The state of enterprise network traffic in 2012", 2012 18th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), 179-184"
- D Murray, T Koziniec, K Lee, M Dixon "Large MTUs and internet performance", 2012 IEEE 13th International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing, 2012
- D Murray, "Cross layer performance improvements in Multi-hop Ad-hoc networks", PhD thesis, Murdoch University, 2011
- K Lee, D Murray, D Hughes, W Joosen, "Extending sensor networks into the cloud using amazon web services", 2010 IEEE International Conference on Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications", 2010
- D Murray, T Koziniec, M Dixon, "D-Proxy: Reliability in wireless networks", 2010 16th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), 129-134"
- D Murray, M Dixon, T Koziniec, "An experimental comparison of routing protocols in multi hop ad hoc networks", 2010 Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference", 2010.
- D Murray, T Koziniec, M Dixon, "Solving ack inefficiencies in 802.11 networks", IEEE International Conference on Internet Multimedia Services, Architecture and Applications, 2009 .
- D Murray, M Dixon, T Koziniec, "RDCS: routing driven channel selection in multi-radio ad-hoc networks", Proceedings of the 2009 International conference on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Connecting the World Wirelessly", 2009.
- D Murray, T Koziniec, M Dixon, "An analysis of handoff in multi-band 802.11 networks", IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems, 1-10, 2007
- D Murray, M Dixon, T Koziniec, "Scanning delays in 802.11 networks", The 2007 International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Security and Technologies, 2007.